Scripture for Reflection and Preparation
“13 ‘you are the salt of the earth. But if the salt should lose its taste, how can it be made salty? it’s no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled on by men. 14 you are the light of the world. a city situated on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 No one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket, but rather on a lampstand, and it gives light for all who are in the house. 16 in the same way, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.’”
1 Timothy 2:1-4 1 First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for everyone, 2 for kings and all those who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good, and it pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
additional Scripture Romans 13:1-7
prayer for personal revival
True repentance leads to action.
• Praise God for who He is
• Confess your sinfulness and need for cleansing
• Allow His Spirit to draw you near
• Listen as He speaks to you
Ask God to...
• Help you to live a peaceable and quiet life in all godliness and holiness
• Help you be involved in your community for the sake of the gospel
• Give your church a desire to reach your community for Christ
• Enable you to engage with the culture creatively and effectively
• Help you vote for good leaders who will respect and protect religious liberty
• Compel Christians to register and prepare to vote
• Help churches find creative ways to encourage Christians to register and prepare to vote