Galatians: Readings and the Thoughts that followed
Galatians 1:10 ~ " For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ."
- We spend a lot of our time trying to live up to the expectations of other people.
- Whether it's to get ahead at school, work, our family, or maybe even in the church.
- At the end of the day we all know this is true, but we still ignore it. 9/11/18
Galatians 2:10 ~ "Only, they asked us to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do."
- The early church was willing to drop the Jewish requirements from the Greeks and Romans.
- But, they Stood by the Greatest 2 Commandments, Love God with everything you have, and love your neighbor as yourself.
- The poor are our neighbors and we need to help them in every way we can. 9/12/18
Galatians 2:20 ~ "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
- As believers in Jesus we have to sacrifice the idol of ourself, and become His.
- We want to do things our way, but when you come to Jesus you give that up to a very large extent.
- By being His you are agreeing to do things His way, and His ways are not normal for us. 2/1/18
Galatians 3:2 ~ "Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?"
- There is no point in trying to work through the Law to achieve salvation.
- It is not something we can do, but only something He can do.
- It's by faith through Jesus that we receive salvation.
- Don't ever think it's what you did. 9/13/18
Galatians 3:28 ~ "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."
- We see a lot of divisions inside church and Christianity as a whole.
- But we need to train our eyes to see Saved and Lost.
- That is what really matters, who is still lost, and going to tell them about Jesus. 9/14/18
Galatians 4:4 ~ "But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law"
- From Genesis Chapter 3 through the next 4,000-ish years God allowed His people to spread the word of His plan for salvation.
- Once the timing was just right, the plan of our maturity was at its prime, He sent Jesus.
- He wasn't late, He wasn't early, He was exactly where and when He needed to be. 9/15/18
Galatians 5:18 ~ "But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law."
- When the Holy Spirit is leading you, you can't be bound by the law.
- Trust Him and listen to Him carefully and you will be righteous. 9/16/18
Galatians 5:22-23 ~ "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."
- I have never seen a law pass to make people stop doing the things on this list.
- So what's stopping us? 3/2/18
Galatians 6:14 ~ "But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."
- How can we honestly take credit for where we were born, the talents we have, and the opportunities we received that make us successful?
- Don't brag on what you have done here on earth.
- When you sit back and think about it, you really didn't have to do anything except not quit. 9/17/18
Old Testament Books
New Testament Books