Deuteronomy: Readings and the Thoughts that followed
Deuteronomy 6:4 ~ “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one."
- The people of Israel needed to hear this and many times we think that we have moved beyond idol worship.
- Think again... We may not be literally bowing to statues, but we have plenty of idols jockeying for our hearts.
- The most common idol is the idol of "ME."
- Don't forget that God is God, and nothing else. 3/23/18
Deuteronomy 6:5 ~ "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might."
- This verse isn't unique to the book of Deuteronomy, but in every place it appears it is a vital key to our response to God.
- There are a lot of Laws written in the Bible, there are a lot of do's and don'ts throughout, but all of them are in this verse.
- You can cover all 10 commandments.
- I must be crazy if I believe everything can be summed up into this verse, but think about it.
- If a person loves God with all their heart, soul and mind there is nothing on earth that person would do wrong, because his love for God is complete.
- But all of us love ourselves more than we do God, and this gives us a lot of problems. 12/17/17
Old Testament Books
New Testament Books