Genesis: Readings and the Thoughts that followed
Genesis 1:1 ~ "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
- God is creative, He created everything. So go out an desperately look for Him in everything. Look around you, can you see God's fingerprints? They're there, you just have to look for them. You never know where you'll spot one. And you may even be surprised by where you find them... 2/25/12
Genesis 1:2 ~ "The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters."
- The world that we know did not exists before God made it.
- When God first made the world it was covered in water, land did not appear until the 3rd day.
- God took special interest in the earth and its formation, He hasn't changed.
- He still takes special interest in His creation, so much that He sent Jesus to rescue us. 4/3/18
Genesis 1:11 ~ "And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.” And it was so."
- "God said... and it was so"
- If God says something, it will happen.
- He does not lie, and He is more trustworthy than everything/everybody you've ever met. 5/8/18
Genesis 1:26 ~ "Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”"
- There are several things taking place in this verse, for starters God is in a conversation with somebody during creation. Who? Jesus. See the first chapter of John.
- Second, notice the authority that God gives to man.
- Man is above everything that lives in water, that flies, and everything else that lives on land.
- God set man up as His image on earth, and we miserably failed Him. 2/21/18
Genesis 1:27 ~ "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."
- What's so special about being human? You were made in the image of the creator. His marked us with His image.
- This is what makes us special, no other species has this, which explains why God so strongly spoke against murder.
- Also, He taught us to care for ALL people, regardless of any situation they may be in.
- Because we are all made in the image of God. 3/12/14
Genesis 3:15 ~ "I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”
- I believe this is the first mention of the gospel.
- God telling Adam and Eve His plan to redeem and rescue mankind from their sin condition.
- From the first sin God has been sharing His plan with us, even though we don't deserve to know any of it. 5/3/18
Old Testament Books
New Testament Books