2 kings: Readings and the Thoughts that followed
2 Kings 5:13 ~ "But his servants came near and said to him, “My father, it is a great word the prophet has spoken to you; will you not do it? Has he actually said to you, ‘Wash, and be clean’?”"
- This is one of my favorite stories, Naaman, a great soldier, has leprosy. He ends up going to the prophet Elisha, who tells Naaman to go wash in the Jordan.
- It seemed easy enough, but Naaman was a great warrior and it seemed he expected to have to go through some great act of valor to prove he was worthy to be cured.
- He actually considered not doing what Elisha said, because it didn't make sense to him.
- From the verse we read the servants ask Naaman to reconsider.
- Naaman wanted to earn his cure, but God wanted to be the center of his cure.
- Many of use want to earn heaven by doing good works, but the fact is, we can't. It is completely God doing the work. 12/18/17
Old Testament Books
New Testament Books