Acts: Readings and the Thoughts that followed
Acts 1:8 ~ "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
- Jesus did not say, "you might receive power," or "some of youwill receive power." He clearly said, "you will."
- When the Holy Spirit comes on you, there is no denying that you are HIS!
- Now if you are His, you have received the Holy Spirit. And, if you've received the Holy Spirit it is your job to be His witnesses.
- What are you waiting for? 1/29/18
Acts 1:9 ~ "And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight."
- Clearly, Jesus did not want His disciples to continue sitting around and only listening to Him.
- It was time for them to get up, move out, and teach others.
- This is so important Jesus left them in a clear and visible way. Nobody had to wonder if Jesus was really gone.
- Nobody had to spend time searching earth to see if He was still there.
- He left. Then it was time for the disciples to leave too. 5/13/18
Acts 2:38 ~ "And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
- Once again there is no "you might get the Holy Spirit," or "some of you will get the Holy Spirit," or even "most of you."
- His wording is plain. Repent of your sins, be baptized, receive Jesus and the Holy Spirit comes as well.
- Therefore if you are His, you have the Holy Spirit. If there is no Spirit in you then you are not His. 2/16/18
Acts 4:12 ~ "And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
- The bottom line is: you can look as long and far as you want to, but you aren't going to find another salvation.
- Jesus... Period. 3/1/18
Acts 17:11 ~ "Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so."
- Everything you hear, read or see from a pastor or anybody else teaching on the Word of God, you should go to the scriptures to make sure the message lines up with God's Word.
- If the message doesn't line up with God's Word, disregard and dig deeper.
- Never, Never, Never take somebody's word that "The Bible says..."
- This is one of the reasons having a copy and knowing it inside and out is so important. 4/16/18
Acts 20:28 ~ "Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood."
- Pastors are not to take their calling lightly and the church is to understand their pastor's elevated calling to lead them.
- The heart condition of both is key to a thriving body of believers. 4/23/18
Old Testament Books
New Testament Books