Hebrews: Readings and the Thoughts that followed
Hebrews 4:12 ~ "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."
- Rely less on your reasoning or creative skills to bring people to Jesus.
- God's Words and the Holy Spirit are much better equipped for it.
- Don't underestimate the use of God's Word to win people to Jesus. 4/4/18
Hebrews 11:1 ~ "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."
- Faith is one of the hardest things to describe and comprehend.
- Some people have used the example of "knowing/trusting" that a chair will support your weight, and I suppose that works to a degree.
- But faith is more than believing or knowing Jesus is the Truth in your head. It's believing, knowing, and trusting so completely it moves to to act on it. 1/25/18
Hebrews 11:6 ~ "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."
- You can't find God unless you have faith.
- You can find evidence of Him in people around you, in nature, and even science
- BUT, there is a level that you must accept by faith that He is God of the Universe. 5/4/18
Hebrews 12:1 ~ "Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us"
- What's holding you back from living your life to win people to Jesus?
- It could be quite a few things: fear, laziness, apathy?
- The one I would guess most of us struggle with is distraction. There is so much to do in a day that we get distracted from the only thing that is eternal... people. 4/13/18
Hebrews 13:5 ~ "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”"
- Don't lose focus on what really matters.
- It's easy to get caught up in making wealth, but when you realize it get back to building up the kingdom of God. 6/7/18
Old Testament Books
New Testament Books