Hosea: Readings and the Thoughts that followed
Hosea 1:9 ~ "And the Lord said, “Call his name Not My People, for you are not my people, and I am not your God.”
Hosea 2:19 ~ "And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy."
- How I wish Christians would take the word of God more seriously and obey His commands.
- Practice mercy, love, justice and righteousness. 10/13/18
Hosea 2:20 ~ "I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the Lord."
- Think about this for a moment, in this life we, the Christians called out of this world, are pledged to a coming relationship with God.
- Don't arrive to Him dirty and covered with the world and things He is against, but stand before Him righteous in the Name of Jesus. 10/19/18
Hosea 4:7 ~ "The more they increased, the more they sinned against me; I will change their glory into shame."
- It still happens today!
- They more stuff we have, the more prosperity, the more free time, the more governments allow us to worship freely... the more we forget and reject God.
- American, beware you are in constant danger of being distracted from bringing glory to God. 10/12/18
Hosea 5:13 ~ "When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah his wound, then Ephraim went to Assyria, and sent to the great king. But he is not able to cure you or heal your wound."
- Ephraim had attempted to go to get protection of an earthly king, but should have relied on their Eternal King.
- We do the same thing, we try everything we can to "handle" problems ourselves.
- What if we lived differently, as a light in a dark world, being people who relied on God, rather than anything else? 10/18/18
Hosea 6:6 ~ For I desire steadfast love[mercy] and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.
- Don't focus so much on doing for God that you skip giving love and mercy to Him and others. 1/8/18
Hosea 11:2 ~ "The more they were called, the more they went away; they kept sacrificing to the Baals and burning offerings to idols."
- Many people today, especially in the United States, have heard of Jesus and God's love so much that we are almost immune to hearing about Him.
- It may not be Baals anymore, but don’t let this describe you. 10/14/18
Hosea 12:6 ~ "So you, by the help of your God, return, hold fast to love and justice, and wait continually for your God.”
- Great words of advice for us to consider DAILY. 10/15/18
Hosea 13:6 ~ "but when they had grazed, they became full, they were filled, and their heart was lifted up; therefore they forgot me."
- Dear Christian, please realize that prosperity has been and can be one of the most crippling issues facing the church today.
- When people are full, have spare money, things in their life are going great... WE have a tendency to forget God.
- On the other side, if this describes you, do you really want God to send hard times and struggles your way in order to bring you back to Him? 10/16/18
Hosea 14:3 ~ "Assyria shall not save us; we will not ride on horses; and we will say no more, ‘Our God,’ to the work of our hands. In you the orphan finds mercy."
- It is so true, in God the oppressed and fatherless find their Father.
- Adam failed us. Our dads have failed us. GOD comes through for us.
- God doesn't have any of the faults, struggles, nor the failures our parents have. He extends mercy for those who need it most.
- That's you and me. 10/17/18
Old Testament Books
New Testament Books
Hosea 11:2 ~ “