1 Corinthians: Readings and the Thoughts that followed
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ~ "9Or do you not know that the unrighteous[a] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
- This verse is thrown around a lot recently because of its outright declaration that homosexuality is a sin.
- BUT, the very people using it for that reason ignore the extremely long list of sins included in the verses around it.
- I doubt there is a person on the planet that could look at this list and walk away blameless.
- These verse are not to point out the sins of one group of people, but to point out the sins of every person.
- And by pointing those out, the verses point us to the only way back to God and that is through Jesus. 1/31/18
Old Testament Books
New Testament Books