Ruth: Readings and the Thoughts that followed
Ruth 1:16 ~ "But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God."
- I'm not 100% clear on why Ruth was so attached to Naomi, but I think there are some wonderful clues in this verse.
- It seems that Naomi was different. She was strange compared to everybody Ruth was used to coming into contact with.
- Why else would her daughter-in-law choose to go to a foreign land with no promises of an easy life or even a future family?
- I submit that Naomi had a visible relationship with God, that was attractive to Ruth, and she was drawn to her side.
- How about you? Is your relationship with Jesus so visible and attractive that it draws people to you? 12/17/17
Old Testament Books
New Testament Books