Job: Readings and the Thoughts that followed
Job 2:10 ~ But he said to her, “You speak as one of the foolish women would speak. Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips.
- We very often thank and ask God for good things to happen to us. Sometimes we will remember to praise Him and tell others how good He has been to us.
- But what happens when we are bombarded by a series of bad events? When our job isn't going well, our family is a wreck, or when we lose someone close to us. How many times to we end up blaming God, or in the very least questioning His decision making?
- We don't sign up to be His followers in order to receive a nice, trouble-free, comfortable life.
- We signed on to be His. Period. To use however He sees fit to best serve Him.
- Read the rest of Job, God will silence any who doubt His decision making ability. 12/14/17
Old Testament Books
New Testament Books