Luke: Readings and the Thoughts that followed
Luke 4:18 ~ "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed,"
- I want to fit this description. 4/21/18
Luke 14:1 ~ "One Sabbath, when he went to dine at the house of a ruler of the Pharisees, they were watching him carefully."
- They watched Jesus closely, but not so they could imitate His actions. Rather they were looking for reasons to attack Him, or expose Him as a false teacher.
- Similarly, you and I are watched by the lost for a variety of reasons.
- Some are looking for something to attack us with, some are curious as to why we are different. Still, others are genuinely interested in learning more about Jesus, because of the life we live.
- Bottom line: Live for Jesus, because people are watching us, and what they see could impact eternity.
Old Testament Books
New Testament Books