Scripture for Reflection and Preparation
Isaiah 55:1 “1 ‘Come, everyone who is thirsty, come to the waters; and you without money, come, buy, and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost!’”
Acts 2:36-41 “36 ‘Therefore let all the house of Israel know with certainty that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both lord and Messiah!’ 37 When they heard this, they were pierced to the heart and said to peter and the rest of the apostles: ‘Brothers, what must we do?’ 38 ‘repent,’ peter said to them, ‘and be baptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus the Messiah for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is for you and for your children, and for all who are far off, as many as the lord our God will call.’ 40 and with many other words he testified and strongly urged them, saying, ‘Be saved from this corrupt generation!’ 41 So those who accepted his message were baptized, and that day about 3,000 people were added to them.”
additional Scripture John 14:6
prayer for Community revival
When God pours out His Spirit a renewed understanding of righteousness results.
Ask God to...
• Convince the lost that Jesus is the only way of salvation
• Give Christians a great burden to share their faith and ask people to trust in Jesus
• Help churches to discover more effective ways to reach the lost
• Create divine appointments for lost people to hear the gospel
• Give you the opportunity to share your faith with lost people you know
• Confound the enemies of the gospel and prevent them from hindering the church’s witness
• Raise up a new generation of Christian leaders who are fearless in sharing their faith